Trail Status Please

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
DCBDA_Sledhead

Trail Status Please

Post by DCBDA_Sledhead »

What is the status of the trails in Forest County? Specifically north of Laona.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

It's 60 deg clear through the UP, not good
76masseyman

???

Post by 76masseyman »

Back in early Januray I planned a weekend with a group of guys to head up to Laona for a weekend in February. Of course the weekend I had to choose was the weekend after the first heat wave of the season. This weekend...haha. Since everyone will be coming into town anyways, I am thinking we might still head up...

I get that its tough to predict what the trails will look like for the weekend, but if someone could post some pictures late this week, lets say friday and then we can judge for ourselves on whether to make the trip up or not.

Thanks for the upkeep on this site guys, I check this site ALOT as soon as I see the first snowflakes falling...

I got the white crayons in the freezer and I have been practicing the dance...haha

:taz::letitsnow::winterrules::thinksnow:
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

I don't have pics for proof, but it was looking pretty nasty already on Monday on my way south from Wabeno area. Trail along 32 through Townsend, etc was nearly solid brown slop. That was day one out of 4-5 of warm temps. I suspect there will be nothing left after tomorrow; we'll be starting all over from scritch. JD long term shows some potential but we'll need a miracle to bring this around again. :thumbdown:
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

From the trails i can see from the hwy back from work a lot of bare spots on the south faceing trails in the open but there looks to be a base left in the woods.
still time to get some more riding in, just not this weekend:thumbdown:
:thinksnow:
Roger

Trails

Post by Roger »

It's not looking good. 38 degrees and rain in the Wabeno area.
Johnnie

Yesterday's Temps

Post by Johnnie »

The Rhinelander tv station said it was 63 in Laona and 66 in Watersmeet. Not Good.:thumbdown:
Hillbills

Ouch

Post by Hillbills »

We planned on coming up next week and riding. Only got up there once this year as we had alot of snow at home. I also watch this website daily. You guys do a great job. Hopefully mother nature gives at least one more week. I think I'll run down to the freezer and make sure my crayons aren't out of place:shrug:
Dreadan

Post by Dreadan »

45 in argonne right now 20% chance of snow this weekend
flowagefok

Maybe not this weekend, but hopefully the next

Post by flowagefok »

If we cant ride this weekend, then i guess we look to the next. Two storms could pan out to bring meaningful snow in the next week or so. Lets keep the fat lady behind the curtain and save her voice for another day.(hopefully april):cool: You can even check the image below curtsy of John Dee for the perfect weather for the perfect hobby.
Attachments
John Dee.jpg
John Dee.jpg (20.2 KiB) Viewed 3573 times