SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI
235 PM CST SUN FEB 26 2012

WIZ005-010>013-018>022-030-031-035>040-045-048>050-073-074-270245-
VILAS-ONEIDA-FOREST-FLORENCE-NORTHERN MARINETTE-LINCOLN-LANGLADE-
MENOMINEE-NORTHERN OCONTO-DOOR-MARATHON-SHAWANO-WOOD-PORTAGE-
WAUPACA-OUTAGAMIE-BROWN-KEWAUNEE-WAUSHARA-WINNEBAGO-CALUMET-
MANITOWOC-SOUTHERN MARINETTE-SOUTHERN OCONTO-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...EAGLE RIVER...RHINELANDER...CRANDON...
TOMAHAWK...ANTIGO...KESHENA...STURGEON BAY...WAUSAU...
WISCONSIN RAPIDS...STEVENS POINT...APPLETON...GREEN BAY...
ALGOMA...WAUTOMA...OSHKOSH...CHILTON...TWO RIVERS...CRIVITZ
235 PM CST SUN FEB 26 2012

...SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM HEADED TOWARDS WISCONSIN...

TRAVEL ACROSS THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY
IS EXPECTED TO BECOME HAZARDOUS AS A MAJOR WINTER STORM MOVES
ACROSS THE REGION. THE STORM IS EXPECTED TO BRING A WIDESPREAD
SNOWFALL OF 6 INCHES OR MORE TO THE NORTHERN HALF OF
WISCONSIN...WITH SOME LOCATIONS RECEIVING MORE THAN A FOOT OF
SNOW.

LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP TUESDAY AFTERNOON...THEN BECOME HEAVIER
TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON BEFORE DIMINISHING. STRONG EAST WINDS WILL
ALSO DEVELOP...AND CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE
SNOW. THE COMBINATION OF FALLING SNOW AND BLOWING AND DRIFTING
SNOW COULD CREATE NEAR WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS. IF YOU HAVE TRAVEL
PLANS MID WEEK...STAY TUNED FOR THE LATEST FORECASTS...WATCHES
AND WARNINGS ON THIS DEVELOPING WINTER STORM.

hopefully they get this one right

:letitsnow:
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

Even if the worst of this storm misses the area, we're still bound to get enough snow to bring things back into business. It's about time, eh?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:thinksnow::letitsnow::winterrules::ineedsnow::ineedsnow::winterrules::letitsnow::thinksnow:
Dreadan

Post by Dreadan »

This is the potential from channel 9

[ATTACH]3300[/ATTACH]
Attachments
weather.jpg
weather.jpg (48.42 KiB) Viewed 3389 times
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

Don't JINX this storm. Everytime the storm is advertised it totally misses Wisconsin.

Please :letitsnow: Please :thinksnow: I want to :sledder:
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

We're rolling out of NB with the trailer immediately after work on Thursday! :sledder:
Based on the great work the groomers have been doing (and the posted pics), we'd be going even without the coming storms - but trailering from the cottage. If the storms dump even 1/2 of what's predicted, I'm hoping to be able to ride out from Crooked Lake (and my optomism is growing daily!). With the snow, the trails should be awesome by the weekend!
:taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz: Keep dancing!
:cheers: Thanks in advance to the grooming crews - I really do hope you have a ton to work with this week! See y'all at the trailside stops!
Red Baron

trails after fresh snow

Post by Red Baron »

[QUOTE=Skip28;16707]We're rolling out of NB with the trailer immediately after work on Thursday! :sledder:
Based on the great work the groomers have been doing (and the posted pics), we'd be going even without the coming storms - but trailering from the cottage. If the storms dump even 1/2 of what's predicted, I'm hoping to be able to ride out from Crooked Lake (and my optomism is growing daily!). With the snow, the trails should be awesome by the weekend!
:taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz: Keep dancing!
:cheers: Thanks in advance to the grooming crews - I really do hope you have a ton to work with this week! See y'all at the trailside stops![/QUOTE]

Before we count our unhatched chickens, a few things to remember. Fresh snow isn't what makes a great trail. Very cold temps, and packed snow make a great trail. This coming snow will be wet and heavy, which is great, so long as it gets cold after it falls, which it doesn't look like it will. Fresh snow needs to be groomed 3-4 times before it sets up into a good trail. Grooming alone doen't guarantee a great trail, mother nature needs to help out too. This time of year, we will take what we can get, but expect it to be rough if there's alot of traffic. It would have been nice to get this back in late December, then go below 0 for a while, where a set up trail will last a whole weekend instead of 10 minutes and a few jackasses who blow it all off the corner into the woods. The end is near, and this will definitely whiten things up and extend the season, but when the sun hits it, we will see mush. As Johnnie says, ride it til it melts! Maybe some of the trails just south of 8 will be rideable for once this year too.
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

Starting to look like I'm gonna have to take a sick day on wensday:sledder::letitsnow:
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

[QUOTE=CRZ;16713]Starting to look like I'm gonna have to take a sick day on wensday:sledder::letitsnow:[/QUOTE]

Cough! Cough! I think I might be getting sick, too. :lol:

:letitsnow:
Roger

Forecast

Post by Roger »

[QUOTE=Pat1;16722]Cough! Cough! I think I might be getting sick, too. :lol:

:letitsnow:[/QUOTE]Just started to snow in the Wabeno area. It would be so sad to be sick in the Green Bay area and not be able to get up north.
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

[QUOTE=CRZ;16713]Starting to look like I'm gonna have to take a sick day on wensday:sledder::letitsnow:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Pat1;16722]Cough! Cough! I think I might be getting sick, too. :lol:

:letitsnow:[/QUOTE]

Cough! Cough! Sneeze! Sneeze! I don't feel very good, I may have to go home sick, Too

:sledder::sledder::sledder::letitsnow: I'll be like my puppy dog when you let him out of the crate after work :lol: