via the Snow Safari Contact Us form

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
snoway

Post by snoway »

Just saw this sponsors ad.....Laona Trail #7 swamp grooming solution?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5334[/ATTACH]
Attachments
BackCountrySno-Cats.jpg
BackCountrySno-Cats.jpg (22.3 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
jakerides

up date

Post by jakerides »

We are still working on trail 7, one way or the other we plan on grooming all of it weather permitting. This trails is a royal pain for our club. At this point we have lost access on the south end due to landowner closure. We have been working for the last 3 weeks to find a re-route. It looks like we have another landowner who is willing to provide access, we are still checking this out. we have also been exploring other options for the swamp area, we have talked to a number of people on alternatives. I have also discussed this issue with Curly and we will probably have more discussions in the future. We also are reviewing the use of the ATV route that also goes to the Nicolet trail. The LMT is committed to having this trail fully open.
snoway

Post by snoway »

It is such a short connection....could it be left where it is and contracted out to a tracked groomer? I'm not saying it would need twice a week grooming but anything is way better than nothing. Might be something to consider vs. a reroute down Starks Rd to 32 where the crossing could be sketchy at best. Starks Rd. has little shoulder so it would be pavement running.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just throwing out some ideas, might be more to consider that i am not aware of.
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

We are considering that also. Keep in mind last winter the swamp never did freeze.