What color crayons for rain?

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
wheelerlake

What color crayons for rain?

Post by wheelerlake »

We know the white crayons work for snow, what color for rain? We need rain! The lakes are down, our nice snow didn't bring them up much and it's very dry up north, high to extremely high for fire watches. We're watching all the rain go south now, just like a lot of the snow did. It's threatening today but so far nothing. Do da dance, take those crayons out of the freezer, throw them in the lake, do whatever you need to do to get rain! We need your help. We may have to put an extension on the dock and move the lift out further yet if this keeps up. And I'm sure Wheeler Lake will claim more props and lower units this summer if the rocks keep coming up toward the surface. You have done a great job the last couple of years getting us snow, please help the boaters and skiers get rain!;):ineedsnow: (rain)!
Dreadan

Post by Dreadan »

A friend had a good idea for some rain. Have nascar schedule a race up here lol
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

I'll try and take a vacation day as it seems to rain every time I take one:D
DickP

Have You Tried This....????

Post by DickP »

Several of us are working on the new steps for the "Rain" dance. Because this dance is very close to the "Snow" dance,
It becomes important to get the steps in the proper order. So for now, until we get the dance steps
worked out, try using the "Snow" dance but THINK RAIN!!! :thumbup:

:taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz: RAIN RAIN RAIN :D
Roger

Rain

Post by Roger »

Any one coming north this coming weekend, bring your own water to fish, lakes are low.:lol:
wheelerlake

RAIN!!! RAIN!!

Post by wheelerlake »

WARNING to all fisherpersons and boaters!!! The rock piles in the lakes are MUCH closer to the surface now. They're all popping up a lot further than they used to be, so use caution, even in familiar lakes. We think the ice heaved them up even farther-hahahaha. Those lower units and props are expensive. That "clunk" we hear occasionally sends chills up and down our spines. We've been on the lake for over 20 years (me over 45 years) and we still discover rock piles we didn't know could do damage. :eek: So, especially if you're on Wheeler Lake, be mindful of what's below you at all times. And do da dance-da rain dance! :taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:
wheelerlake

RAIN!!

Post by wheelerlake »

Need your help...Not to be selfish but we need MORE RAIN!!! Keep doin' da dance. Last night was not enough by any means. I'll pass on the tornadoes, wind, hail, etc., but I'll take the rain, please. Keep throwing those crayons in the lake, whatever color they are, plan vacations, have a day off, have a parade, get married, whatever it takes. I don't want to see any more rocks peeking out of the lake than there are already.:taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:
thinksnow

Post by thinksnow »

[QUOTE=wheelerlake;11177]We know the white crayons work for snow, what color for rain? We need rain! The lakes are down, our nice snow didn't bring them up much and it's very dry up north, high to extremely high for fire watches. We're watching all the rain go south now, just like a lot of the snow did. It's threatening today but so far nothing. Do da dance, take those crayons out of the freezer, throw them in the lake, do whatever you need to do to get rain! We need your help. We may have to put an extension on the dock and move the lift out further yet if this keeps up. And I'm sure Wheeler Lake will claim more props and lower units this summer if the rocks keep coming up toward the surface. You have done a great job the last couple of years getting us snow, please help the boaters and skiers get rain!;):ineedsnow: (rain)![/QUOTE]

I think you are just joking, but I don't know if you should be telling people to throw crayons in a lake. Hope the DNR doesn't find out. Don't know about Wheeler Lake, but Lake Lucerne is way down too. Think Rain!
Johnnie

It Almost Rained Again!!!

Post by Johnnie »

It almost rained again today, here in Laona. I have had one of my small boats in the lake since March. I have not had to bale it out yet. It rains every now and then, but just enough to get the surface wet. Chery and I have been landscaping and the ground is like dust. I talked to a 63 year old trout fisherman yesterday who has been fishing Otter Cr. all his life. He said he has never seen the creek so low, and it is the first week in May!!!!
Red Baron

rain

Post by Red Baron »

I heard Forest Co is 48" behind in rainfall the last 7 years combined. No wonder the lakes are low. Looks like it is going to rain this weekend, maybe even some snow. It is going to take years to catch up.