Great Ride on 100 Miler Trails Tuesday the 2nd of January

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
jbrantmeier

Great Ride on 100 Miler Trails Tuesday the 2nd of January

Post by jbrantmeier »

Tuesday February 1st...Big trip today on the 100 MIler. My friend Jim and I took off from Townsend Shell and headed north on the Nicolet Trail (grade) to Wabeno. We turned right just as you come into town. Don't be fooled by the knarly looking street you ride. About 1/8 mile the trail opens up and was freshly groomed all the way to Armstrong Creek...great ride with only a couple of plowed town roads keeping it from being perfect!!! Got some gas at Armstrong Creek and headed north on the 100 Miler to reconnect with the Nicolet Grade. Again freshly groomed and only 3 sleds all the way from Townsend. WOW!!!

We headed south on the grade a mile or two and took the cut off to Arroggone. This can be bumpy sometimes but today it was smooth as glass all the way. The Arrgonne groomer was broke down several miles north of town but there was only a mile or so between the breakdown and where the 100 Miler takes over. You may want to check if it was repaired before riding as that trail can break down quickly. Stopped at Arrgonne for lunch and then headed south on the trail to Crandon. Turned left towards Johnnies and back to Townsend via the 100 Miler trails. Again, freshly groomed all the way!!! As we rolled into town my odometer read 145 miles of Flat Fast Fun!!! Thanks guys for getting the trails in such great shape!!!
justride

groomer

Post by justride »

anyone know if the groomer was fixed
thanks
Dreadan

Post by Dreadan »

Both groomers we're broke down the last couple of days. The tractor was fixed and out running yesterday althought I'm not sure what was groomed. Had to wait for parts for the pisten bully.
flowagefok

Had one of those rides yesterday

Post by flowagefok »

I agree. I had one of those great rides yesterday. Started in Townsend and went up to jhonies and through the back way then through himley lake to windfall and back to Townsend. Me and my buddy were the first ones on every groomed trail and did not see another soul. Thanks to the lmt, red arrow, Roger, and the Laona boys for the best trails in the state!