New Snow Forecast

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
410shooter

New Snow Forecast

Post by 410shooter »

Well it sounds like we could see maybe 3" on Thursday, is it going to be enough to start grooming? Is there enough left or are we starting over? Guessing things are pretty sparse and high in Sheboygan today near 50, maybe there is something to Global warming.
76masseyman

Crossed Fingers

Post by 76masseyman »

I keep checking the weather forecast for Laona and its been rough so far this winter. I would also like to know if there is anything left up there. Will the Old Iron II still happen on the 21st if there isn't much snow? I was really looking forward to that this year...

Pretty disappointing start to an already short season... Keeping my fingers crossed. Think snow!

:ineedsnow::thinksnow::taz::taz::taz::letitsnow::winterrules:
Red Baron

old iron ride

Post by Red Baron »

old sleds only need an inch of snow to ride!
spinner

New snow forcast

Post by spinner »

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D

CHECK OUT THE JOHNDEE.COM

SHORT AND LONG TERM FORECASTS LOOK VERY PROMISING, MY BUDS AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING TOGERTHER FOR A LONG WEEKEND OF RIDING "EAGLE RIVER WEEKEND" FOR THE PAST 20 PLUS YEARS. MOTHER NATURE HOPEFULLY WILL NOT LET US DOWN. :biggrin:
Roger

Post by Roger »

[QUOTE=spinner;13570]:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D

SHORT AND LONG TERM FORECASTS LOOK VERY PROMISING, MY BUDS AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING TOGERTHER FOR A LONG WEEKEND OF RIDING "EAGLE RIVER WEEKEND" FOR THE PAST 20 PLUS YEARS. MOTHER NATURE HOPEFULLY WILL NOT LET US DOWN. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I never have had much use for JohnDee's forecasts.
410shooter

Snow

Post by 410shooter »

So what is left up there???????????????????
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[quote=410shooter]So what is left up there?[/quote]Not much! :( What little base we did have is being melted by today's record high. :mad: But there is snow in the forecast, so keep your fingers crossed.... for Wed., Thur., and Friday. :thumbup:
:ineedsnow:
Attachments
pic01.JPG
pic01.JPG (28.73 KiB) Viewed 3587 times
jakerides

not much

Post by jakerides »

I was out yesterday doing some brushing. Bear spots where direct sunlight, some base left where trees helped block the sun. If we get 4" we could start panning again, trails would be rideable but rate as poor. Need about 8" to be able to groom. Lots of ruts to fill in.
Mama Smurf

Post by Mama Smurf »

[QUOTE=spinner;13570]:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D

SHORT AND LONG TERM FORECASTS LOOK VERY PROMISING, MY BUDS AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING TOGERTHER FOR A LONG WEEKEND OF RIDING "EAGLE RIVER WEEKEND" FOR THE PAST 20 PLUS YEARS. MOTHER NATURE HOPEFULLY WILL NOT LET US DOWN. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Hey Spinner - I saw John Dee too! In fact, I thought he was showing snow last week in his 5-10 day outlook but then it petered out. But now IT'S BACK!! I say [B]BRING IT ON!![/B]
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=410shooter;13567]Well it sounds like we could see maybe 3" on Thursday, is it going to be enough to start grooming? Is there enough left or are we starting over? Guessing things are pretty sparse and high in Sheboygan today near 50, maybe there is something to Global warming.[/QUOTE]It will be almost like starting over. :( The base is pretty thin in most spots, and bare in others. :eek: The (Armstrong Creek) town roads are dreadful, thanks in part to our town plow guys, who plow all the snow out the ditch and beyond the tree line. :mad: We could probably do some panning with 3-4", but it would probably take 6+" to start grooming. :shrug:

:thinksnow: